Enroll America’s Best Practices Institute is focused on identifying, developing, and disseminating information about enrollment and eligibility policies that support optimal health coverage enrollment and make it easy for people to enroll. The Institute serves as a resource for stakeholders at both the national and state-level who are working to get these consumer-friendly enrollment practices implemented across the country.
- Issue briefs and a blog that explore enrollment best practices.
- Technical assistance to stakeholders on the key elements of a simple, seamless, and streamlined enrollment process.
- An online library of publications and presentations from Enroll America and other policy experts related to the best practices in outreach, enrollment, and retention.
- Conference calls and webinars on issues critical to the successful implementation of new enrollment and eligibility systems.
Current priorities include:
- Educating stakeholders about the critical activities that must take place this year to keep enrollment efforts on track for the coverage expansion in 2014.
- Tracking and providing input on federal regulations and guidance related to enrollment.
- Identifying and developing outreach and consumer assistance best practices, including strategies to reach specific racial and ethnic communities with low rates of health coverage enrollment.
- Publishing of a series of issue briefs on best practices for writing and designing materials–like websites, applications, instructions, and marketing materials–that are clear, easy to read and understand, culturally and linguistically appropriate, and that make it easier for people to enroll in health coverage.